If you have used Word for some time, you will realize that a blank page may occur in the middle, but mostly at the end of your document. This may be frustrating especially if you pay more attention to the layout of your work. Even more for a beginner, this may present a challenge, as you do not want to have extra unnecessary pages on your Word document. A document with extra pages may always seem unprofessional and thus detrimental to an individual`s competency.
What may cause a blank page on Word? Adding so many page breaks on your document may create unnecessary blank pages. Similarly, hitting the Enter button severally may add a blank page on your document.
Suppose this happens, how do you remove the blank page?
How to Remove a Blank Page in the Middle of the Word Document in Word 2016
You may be working on a large document and realize that there is a blank page in the middle of it. How do you remove this blank page?
- On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Shift + 8 to display the paragraph icon (¶). Alternatively, at the Home tab, move to the Paragraph section and click on the Paragraph icon (¶).
- This function will display the paragraph marks at the beginning of the blank page or any time you press the Enter button.
- Using the mouse, highlight all the paragraph markers on the document at the blank page then press Delete on your keyboard. This should remove the blank page.
- Alternatively, you may press the Backspace button until you remove the entire blank page.
How to Remove a Blank Page at the end of the Word 2016 Document
If you are working on a large Word document, it is possible to have an extra blank page. Similarly, if you press the Enter button or add a page break at the end of the document, a blank page may be created. The blank page is unnecessary and may make your work look unprofessional. However, there is no need to panic, you can remove the blank page by following the steps below.
The first alternative is to reduce the last paragraph until it fits in the previous page. You can do this by;
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + 8 on your keyboard
- Select the paragraph icon (¶)
- Go to the Font size box then type 01
- Press Enter on your keyboard. This will fit the last paragraph onto the previous page thus removing the extra blank page.
- Now you need to hide the paragraph mark. Press Ctrl + Shift + 8.
Did you know that you can also remove a blank page by saving your Word document as a PDF? To do that, follow the steps below;
- At the Home page, go to File and then click on Save As.
- Under the Save as types, choose PDF.
- Then selection Options and go to Page range.
- Under the Page range, select Page(s) and key in the number of the blank page.
- Press OK then Save. The blank page will be gone.
We appreciate you taking your time to go through this great article. We believe that the article is helpful and helps ease your challenges.
Do subscribe to the WPS academy and download the WPS Office application for better experience.