Are you worried about the extra pages in your Word document? If you are familiar with Word, you will agree that blank pages may always exist either at the middle or at the end of your Word document. Presenting your work with an extra blank page or a blank page in the middle is a sign of unprofessionalism that could ruin your competency. This could also destroy your reputation if you are presenting your work to the public.
Conversely, sometimes need arises to delete a page that has content from the Word document. How can one delete a page that has texts?
Therefore, whether you are a beginner or an experienced Word user, it is essential that you know how to delete a blank page from your Word document. How can I delete a blank page from my Word document? Various methods exist on how to delete a page from a Word document. Some of them are discussed herein below;
This method will deal with how to delete a page that has content from your Word 2016 document. However, before you carry out this operation, it is important to be sure that you no longer need the text on that page. Suppose the content on that page is still useful, you could copy and paste it elsewhere and fail to delete the page altogether.
However, suppose the content is no longer in use, follow the steps below to delete the page;
- If it is a long document, you could manually highlight the entire page. However, if your document is a single page, then press Ctrl + A on your keyboard.
- Then press the Delete button on your keyboard. This should finish the operation.
The following method provides the guidelines for deleting an extra page that comes at the end of the Word document. In order to make your work look more professional, you can easily do away with the extra page that comes at the end of your Word document. To do, follow the steps below;
- Move to the page and click anywhere at the top of this page to bring the cursor there.
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Press the Down arrow. This would help highlight the entire blank page.
- Press the Delete or Backspace button on your keyboard.
- This operation will delete the extra page from your Word document.
There is one more alternative that you can use to delete a page from Word. This method is way easier and more suitable for a beginner in Word use. Any person can carry out this operation to delete a page from Word especially is the page is blank and comes at the end of the document. To do so, follow the steps below;
- Go to the extra page that you want to delete.
- Click at the top to bring the cursor there.
- Press the Delete button. Keep pressing the Delete button until the blank page is erased.
We hope that this article has helped you navigate how to delete a page in Word 2016.
However, do not forget to download WPS Office that has it all. It is simpler to use and will help you carry out any type of editing on any document.