Using an Office version downloaded from the Microsoft Office desktop Store may result in some add-in problems. Sometimes, upgrades to Office versions downloaded from the Store are incompatible with third-party/crack programs, especially for deployment and redeployment. Additionally, you will need to manually load the add-in, albeit this is hardly the most significant limitation you will encounter with Office from Store.
Installing the latest Office Desktop version instead of the one from the microsoft office desktop. Store is a workaround. You may find the directions for doing this here to find out that Office is installed from Store
- Start Excel and open a blank workbook.
- Click the File tab in the top left corner and select Account from the menu on the left.
- If your Office is installed from Store, it will be indicated in the About Excel section after the build number:
Uninstall the Microsoft Office application:
If you use Windows 10, go to Settings → Apps, find the Microsoft Office desktop application in the list and click on it to uninstall:
If you use another Windows version, uninstall the application via Control Panel:
- Close all Microsoft Excel files.
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs:
- Pick the Uninstall a program option:
A list of all installed programs will be displayed. Double-click the Microsoft Office program you wish to delete after finding it. In the dialogue box, click Yes.
Download and install the microsoft office desktop version:
- Go to account.microsoft.com and sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Go to Office 365 Home → Install and click Install Office:
- Confirm installation by clicking Install:
Run the downloaded .exe file and click Yes in the dialogue window:
- When the installation is full, ensure you will use the Desktop Office version. Go to Excel → File → Account and check the text in the About Excel field; now you should see Click-to-Run there:
The necessities to complete everything. For families and small businesses who prefer the original Office programs and email, there is Office Home and Business 2021. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are included for Windows 11 and Windows 10. a one-time investment set up on a single PC or Mac for use at home or the office.
|Processor||Windows 11 or Windows 10 with 1.6 GHz, 2-core processor/current macOS|
|Operating system||Windows 11 or Windows 10 for PC; Mac OS for Mac|
|Memory||4 GB (64bit), 2 GB (32bit) RAM for PC; 4 GB RAM for Mac|
|Hard disk space||4 GB available disk space for PC, 10 GB for Mac|
|Display||1024 x 768 resolution for PC, 1280 x 800 for Mac|
|Graphics||DirectX 10 graphics card for graphics hardware acceleration for PC|
|Additional system requirements||Internet accessMicrosoft accountSee aka. Ms/system requirements for the complete list of system requirements|
Learn more about WPS Office:
If you don’t want to pay that much for office software, you can try WPS Office, an alternative of MS Office.WPS Office will not disappoint you, whether your Mac is powered by Intel or Apple, CPUs, Microsoft Office desktop. Regardless of the system version, WPS Office can work, learn, and create on your MacBook and iMac.