Use one of the options in the out-of-box experience and continue with the usual setup if you wish to Install Windows 11 and skip a Microsoft account. If you prefer not to use a Microsoft account with your Windows 11 installation, you should be able to find instructions on how to set up a local account during the installation process or through Windows settings after the installation is complete.
Windows 11 Setup Wizard:
You can follow these installation guidelines to Install Windows 11 and skip a Microsoft account. You can go on to the network disconnect or disable internet requirement options if you are setting up a new laptop or desktop computer that already has Windows 11 installed.
Attention: Everything on the PC will be deleted during this operation. It is advised to make a computer backup before continuing.
Steps to Install Windows 11 and Skip a Microsoft Account
Use a USB flash drive with Windows 11 to create the computer. A quick reminder: You can follow these steps if the computer doesn’t boot from the USB bootable device.
- To boot from the device, press any key at the prompt.
- Click the Next button on Windows Setup.
- A quick tip: Choose the appropriate options before moving further if your language, time zone, currency, or keyboard are different from the default choices.
Click the Install now button.
- If this is a reinstallation, click the I don’t have a product key option to continue. Otherwise, if this is your first time installing Windows 11, enter the product key. A quick tip: You can complete the installation and activate it using the Settings app.
- Click the Next button.
- Select the edition of Windows 11 (If applicable).
- Click Next.
- Select the I accept the licence terms option to continue.
- Click Next.
- Click the Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) option to continue with a clean installation.
- Click the Delete button after selecting the partition that contains the current installation (often “Drive 0”). A quick tip: To use the complete hard drive for the new setup, select and erase every partition on “Drive 0” if it contains several. The Windows 11 installation procedure will automatically create the necessary partitions. Furthermore, it’s not required to remove the partitions from auxiliary drives.
- Click the Yes button.
- Select the empty drive (Drive 0 Unallocated Space).
- Click the Next button.
After completing the instructions, the installation procedure will start, after which you have two options for how to move forward in the out-of-the-box experience (OOBE). To make the local account option available, use network disconnect to detach from the network. Alternatively, you can disable the requirement during initial Install Windows 11 and skip a Microsoft account. by using the disable internet requirement option. Alternatively, you can enter inaccurate information for a local account, which will result in an error and force the creation of a local account.
When your computer is on the login screen then the lock screen can save your files and data, when you are away from your device. It’s crucial to remember that, as of this writing, if you are configuring a Windows 11 Pro installation, you will still be allowed to move on with the offline account option if you don’t have a Microsoft account.
Download WPS Office: Best Alternative to Microsoft
WPS Office Suite is a comprehensive office suite that covers all the basics – Word Processor, Presentation Maker, and Spreadsheet Editor. It provides powerful tools to help you manage your business with ease. It includes advanced features such as document comparison and secure file sharing, allowing you to collaborate with colleagues and clients easily.
WPS Office Suite helps users save valuable time by simplifying their day-to-day tasks. With unique templates and design tools, it’s easy to quickly create professional and stylish spreadsheets, presentations, and spreadsheets.