Microsoft 365 Student Plan
Microsoft 365 for Students is available for free to eligible students with a valid school email address. To access it, you need to first verify your school email address. Once you have done that, you can then sign into your Microsoft account and activate the free subscription. You can then download the Microsoft Office apps from the Microsoft 365 portal.
Students plan provides students and faculty with access to the latest version of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more. The plan also includes 1 TB of OneDrive storage and access to additional Microsoft services such as Teams, SharePoint, and Yammer. The plan is available for free to students and faculty at qualified schools who have been verified by their institution.
Subscription of Microsoft 365 Student Package
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting a free Microsoft 365 Student subscription:-
- First of all visit the educational Microsoft official site
- After opening the site, Scroll down and click on “Get started” as mentioned in the screenshot:
- Now you will be referred to a page, where you have to provide your “school email address”
- Provide a valid email address and click on the “Sign up” button.
- During the final step, you have to verify yourself by providing your phone number.
- After entering the correct details, press the “Text me” button and you will receive a verification code on your mobile to enter on-site and verify yourself.
- They will provide you with a free Microsoft 365 subscription after evaluating your institution’s details.
- Sign in to your account and download Microsoft 365 full package from the portal whether you are on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android Operating system.
Pros and Cons
- Microsoft 365 Student provides students with access to the latest Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- It also features 1TB of cloud storage via OneDrive, so students can store their work and access it anytime, anywhere.
- Microsoft 365 Student also provides access to email, calendar, and collaboration tools. This helps students stay organized and connected to their classmates.
- The subscription also includes a range of security and privacy features, such as two-factor authentication and data encryption.
- Microsoft 365 Student is only available to students, so it might not be suitable for those who are not in school.
- The discount subscription is only valid as long as the user is enrolled in school, so once they graduate or leave school, they will have to buy a new subscription.
- The subscription does not include access to some of Microsoft’s more advanced applications, such as Access or Publisher.
- The subscription does not include any technical support, so users must rely on online resources for assistance.
Microsoft 365 Student Subscription – Wrap Up
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based cloud-based suite of services, applications and servers, if you are not a student, unfortunately, you can’t use it free of cost.
On the contrary, WPS Office is a suite of office productivity applications that can be installed on a local computer and you can use it free of cost with more features.
WPS Office is a comprehensive office suite that includes Word, Spreadsheets, Presentations, PDF, and Database software. It features a modern interface and a wide range of features, such as document templates, a wide range of fonts, cloud storage integration, and advanced collaboration tools.
Overall, WPS Office is a good choice for users who want a free or low-cost office suite for basic or advanced tasks.